Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Back to School

Wow. Time sure flies. It's probably because I had so much fun last semester.

It's amazing how much I've been through since last semester. I successfully completed the Disney College Program! I learned so much about the Walt Disney Company and myself. It definitely opened my eyes to things I could have never imagined doing. It really felt like a 6 month vacation in Florida and it was soooo worth it. I've seen the parks inside and out and really felt how to make the Disney magic come alive. Not to mention the best friends I made there. The people that work for Disney are absolutely amazing. They truly made my experience and I can't wait to meet up with them again!!! The opportunity to network and learn about corporate Disney was absolutely amazing as well. I never thought about how many options there would be after I completed this program until now as a Disney Campus Representative. It's absolutely incredible the doors that opened for me! Hopefully I can continue to work towards returning to Disney some day to work forever but for now I need to concentrate on school!

Back to SDSU as usual. I think I went overboard on my schedule this semester. I seriously have no free weekend or day really to just sit and relax..it makes me miss disney but at the same time, I know its absolutely necessary to get everything done. I have 15 units this semester, an internship, sorority life, AMA meetings, a relationship and I try to have a social life. It's getting pretty hard to balance. Luckily I am interested in my classes now. I don't think there has ever been a time that I have been this engaged in everything that I am learning. It's most likely because I know this is what I will be doing for the rest of my life. My internship is pretty amazing. I am currently working for Allied Integrated Marketing as their Columbia Pictures Intern. It's pretty neat to work on the promotions side of major motion pictures like Just Go With It and currently Battle LA. There's a lot of work that goes into it though I will admit. I'm just trying to take the internship day by day and get everything out of it that I possibly can.

Kappa Delta is crazy as usual. We have events every weekend/week. It's sorta hard to keep up. I forgot how time consuming it is. I love the girls though so I try my best to attend everything no matter how crazy my life gets. This semester I feel somewhat disconnected from the house. I officially have no positions in the house this semester. No obligations to go out anymore to the fraternities because I'm not social chair. It's sorta nice..I'm so over being at the fraternities.. its the same story there as it was my freshman year. I'm glad my lil dag took over for me...on other news...The seniors are down to their last 2 months in the house! It's so bittersweet..I really can't imagine KD without them..especially my big! There's so much that happened this semester. My big must be one of the strongest people I have ever known. Her mom died suddenly only 2 weekends ago, and my big still can put a smile on her face and continue to live out her life. I have the utmost admiration for my big. I will miss her next semester :(. luckily i have an amazing twin and new little sis to be with all next semester!!!!

I'm trying to get into the habit of blogging more often for not only myself but things I'm interested in. Including: Disney, fashion, gossip, marketing, & college life! Look out for that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 Kristie Rambles | by TNB